This is an advertisement.

A Hometown Firm You Can Rely On

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Motor Vehicle Wrecks
  4.  » FAQ About Car Wrecks

Common Questions And Answers About Car Wrecks In Kentucky

Maybe you never worried about being in a car accident in the past – so you never looked for answers to questions like those below. But now you or a family member has been injured in a crash and you need information.

At McFarland Tinker Law, you can discuss your concerns with an experienced attorney who cares. These questions and answers may help you understand what to do next.

If my car accident claim or lawsuit is successful, what types of compensation can I expect?

The answer will depend on many factors. You may be compensated for:

  • Past, current and future medical expenses
  • Replacement of lost wages after the accident and your diminished future earning capacity
  • Pain and suffering, which may include a claim by your husband or wife for their losses
  • The replacement value of your wrecked car
  • Other expenses, such as transportation for medical care
  • Punitive damages to penalize another driver for negligence, such as driving while drunk

Will I need to pay an attorney to start working on my case?

At McFarland Tinker Law, the answer is no. You only need to decide for sure to work exclusively with our law firm.

We will not charge you legal fees until we get compensation for you. If we are not successful, you will not owe us anything.

Does it matter who was at fault in a Kentucky car wreck?

“No-fault” car insurance is typical in Kentucky. However, a driver can opt out of no-fault insurance. In that case, the question of “who pays whom” after a crash will depend on which driver was determined to be at fault.

Also, Kentucky has comparative fault laws, so if you are partially at fault, any compensation you receive will be reduced.

What if I was driving as part of my job when I was injured in a wreck?

You may have a workers’ compensation case if you were injured in a crash while driving as an employee. You can get medical care and other benefits through your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer.

In addition, if another driver was at fault, you may have what is called a “third-party liability” claim against that driver. Then you may be able to collect money from that driver’s auto insurance.

Get Answers To Your Unique Questions

We are here for you. To schedule a free consultation, call 606-268-1615 or email us.